0.3 / 0.5mm Dual action Airbrush
An airbrush is a must-have for any scale modeler once you start growing your abilities, and want to achieve better results and more realistic and smooth finishes.
As you may know, premium brands like Harder & Steenbek or Evolution price their products in the range of $150 to $250, but I think this can be too steep for some hobbyists, especially if they are new to airbrushing.
So we decided to research and find an airbrush in the mid-low price range, that at the same time offers comparable results. This is the one that, by far, offered the best quality / price ratio in that range in our tests. (You can also look at our mid-high tier airbrush here).
- It comes with two nozzles: a 0.5 mm. one, ideal for covering large surfaces such as priming a model or applying the base color, and a 0.3 mm nozzle that is ideal for more detailed work, such as camouflage patterns or details.
- It is -I wouldn't recommend it otherwise- a dual action airbrush, meaning that by pressing and pulling from the trigger you can control the amount of air and the amount of paint that come out of your airbrush, to achieve professional results.
- It includes a gravity-fed cup, which in my experience always offers the best results, as you don't waste air pressure trying to get paint out, and all the air is used to propel the paint forward.
- Also, the cup comes with a lid, which will prevent unwanted splotches of paint both in your hands and in your models in case you have to tilt your airbrush to reach a hardly accessible part of the model, or by some issue you experience bubbling in your cup.
- It comes in two colors (red and steel) and there are also two set options to pick from: with or without an included cleaning kit. Of course, I recommend the latter, as you will have to buy them separately otherwise, trust me.
- And of course, it's made up of the best materials available to ensure durability.
We have to prepare each shipment individually as they are ordered, so allow us in 3-4 weeks for it to arrive in USA/Canada (to be safe) and 3-6 weeks rest of the world, though thy are usually delivered much faster.