Hot Wire Foam Cutter
High density foam is often used as the basis for dioramas and vignettes, or to model building walls.
And, of course, it has to be cut to size, carved and sculpted to represent the features of the terrain and create volumes, different heights, slopes etc.
Even though this can be done with a cutter, it is hard to achieve perfect cuts, or carve the foam to create crevices and the likes.
The best and most convenient way to do it is by using a hot wire cutter. This tool reaches the appropriate temperature to melt the foam and cuth through it like a hot knife through butter, while at the same time it seals the cut without leaving residue.
And the model we offer you comes with three different cutting accessories, as you can see in the pictures, which makes it ideal for all kinds of uses.
- Adapters: US / EU / UK / AU plug. Make sure to pick the correct one for your country.
- Voltage: 120-240V, as appropriate for each adapter.
- Security features: overvoltage, overcurrent and overheating protection
- The cutting wire reaches a high temperature, be sure not to touch it. Use the included stand to let the tool cool down after usage.
- Do not use continuously for more than 1/2 hour.
We have to prepare each shipment individually as they are ordered, so allow us in 3-4 weeks for it to arrive in USA/Canada (to be safe) and 3-6 weeks rest of the world, though thy are usually delivered much faster.