Static Grass Applicator 2.0
If you plan on adding static grass to your vignettes or dioramas, you definitely need a static grass applicator.
First, the reason why:
- If you applied it by hand, and wanted it to stay straight up (like real grass) you would only be able to do it in small patches.
- Coversely, if you wanted to cover a large surface, you would have to "sprinkle" the static grass over the glued surface, but then it would stay flat in the ground, which is quite unrealistic.
So, you need something that allows you to spread grass over large surfaces, and forces it to stay in a realistic position, pointing upwards. This is what the static grass applicator achieves.
Just in case you are interested in how it works, here it is (otherwise, you can skip this paragraph); it works by using static electricity. You just have to touch the diorama or scene base with a cable -included in the device- that forces a small negative electric charge on it, while the applicator has the opposite charge. That way, the grass falls following the invisible electric field between the applicator and the base, in a vertical position, getting the desired result.
This applicator is suitable for use with 3-5mm static grass, and 8-10mm static grass if you purchase the "large" mesh.
Sprinkle the grass 2-3cm away from the base of your diorama.
The applicator needs 2 AA batteries (not included).
Warning: Do not touch the metal mesh with the cable once you turn the device on. Even though the voltage is low, it can cause sparks and you risk damaging the device.
Contents of the package:
- Grass Applicator
- Mesh for short (3-5 mm static grass)
- Brush to extend glue on the surface
- Sample bag of static grass
- Instructions manual
Optional (depending on the package you select):
- Mesh for long (8-12 mm) static grass
- Planting template
We have to prepare each shipment individually as they are ordered, so allow us in 3-4 weeks for it to arrive in USA/Canada (to be safe) and 3-6 weeks rest of the world, though thy are usually delivered much faster.