3D Printing Pen With 100m PLA or ABS Filament
Do you want to take your creativity to its maximum level? Then this 3D pen is an ideal tool for you!
Watch this 5 minute video to see it in action. We just build a silly thing, but you'll get the idea :-)
Some people think of these pens as a toy for kids (and they are an ideal one at that), but they can be much more than this; they can be used by:
- Scale modelers, if you are scratch-building new parts, if you have to replace or fix a piece from the kit that has been damaged, if you want to super-detail a model, etc.
- Sculptors, using them as another material and techniques you can use to create your pieces of art beyond clay, metals, wood, etc.
- Jewelry makers, either to create your prototypes in 3D and test them before you send them to a manufacturer. Or, if you are an artist jeweler that sells on Etsy or eBay, even to create the final pieces yourself.
- Architects and interior decorators, and in general any professional who would benefit from the ability to generate 3D sketches and prototypes of their work quickly.
- Teachers and educators to create fun and interactive items that support your explanations and classes.
- Of course, kids, who can use them both for their classroom projects, and to express their creativity and creatively play with them.
- Before ordering, please make sure you have picked the correct options, especially the right plug to connect the device to the electric socket in your country (we have variants for US, UK, EU, and AU type sockets).
- This pen should not be used by toddlers or little kids, especially unattended. They are intended to be used by adults or supervised children.
What is the difference between ABS and PLA filaments?
The set includes a supply of 100 meters (328 feet) of building filament in rolls of different colors.
You can opt for ABS or PLA filaments, but what's the difference between them?
In a nutshell, here are the differences:
- ABS is oil-based, which means it can produce chemical odors while using it. As most other plastics, it is recyclable. It can slightly bend or shrink after being extruded, but on the other side, it's much stronger than PLA once it has completely cooled and set.
- PLA, on the other hand, is a plant-based filament. This means that it will just emit a sweet odor during usage, and it's bio-degradable. It won't change its size or shape after "print," but on the other hand, it's a bit more brittle than ABS.
So summarizing, ABS filaments are better for projects where durability is more important than finesse, and where the pen can be used in a well-ventilated space. PLA filaments are better for usages where control is more important -like fine jewelry- or where safety or ecologic concerns are more important, such as indoors use of the pen by children.
- Weight: 65g (2.3 oz.)
- Size: 18.7 x 4.4 x 3 cm (7.36 x 1.73 x 1.18 in.)
- Working voltage: DC 12V 2A (transformer included)
- Filament diameter: 1.75 mm.
- Tip diameter: 0.7 mm.
- Melting temperature of the filaments: PLA - 185 to 190ºC (365 to 374 F); ABS - 215ºC (419 F)
We have to prepare each shipment individually as they are ordered, so allow us in 3-4 weeks for it to arrive in USA/Canada (to be safe) and 3-6 weeks rest of the world, though they are usually delivered much faster.